UBC Okanagan Aboriginal Advisory Committee
The Aboriginal Advisory Committee considers the current state of Aboriginal activities on UBC’s Okanagan campus, identifies priority areas of focus for the future, and helps implement strategies to advance these initiatives.
Current priorities for the Committee include development of a professional development program for Indigenous awareness and cultural sensitivity, establishment of an Aboriginal mentorship program for staff and faculty through an Indigenous Caucus, and Indigenous curriculum development.
- Chair: Ian Cull, Associate Vice-President Students
- Co-Chair: Ian Foulds, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering
- Jeannette Armstrong, Assistant Professor, Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Deborah Buszard, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal
- Stephen Foster, Professor, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Linc Kesler, Director of the First Nations House of Learning and Senior Advisor to the UBC President on Aboriginal Affairs
- Donna Kurtz, Associate Professor, Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Cynthia Mathieson, Provost and Vice-Principal Academic
- Wisdom Tettey, Dean, Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Nicole Udzenija, Director, Campus Initiatives
- Adrienne Vedan, Director, Aboriginal Programs and Services
- Cara Kirkey, Project and Management Assistant (administrative support)
- Student members: Sandra Young and Lisa Renaud